Dear Members and Residents,
As the days get shorter and we head into winter we wanted to share some Crime Prevention tips with you.
- Always lock your car, most cars stolen are unlocked.
- Never leave your car keys near your front door, they can be “fished out” through the letterbox.
- Always turn your alarm on when leaving your home, even if it’s just for a short time.
- Always lock the doors and windows every time you leave the house, even if it’s for a few minutes. Most burglaries only take only a few minutes.
- Leave lights on when you’re going out. Set them on timers, especially if you are away for long periods of time. Turn outside lights on, light up the neighbourhood.
- Photograph all of your valuable items, especially jewellery. The Gardai regularly recover stolen items and your photos may help them determine ownership.
- Don’t allow strangers into your home. Always ask for official identification from all callers (even Gardaí). If you are unsure leave them outside and call the organisation they represent to confirm their identity.
- Don’t let strangers into the apartment blocks. Ensure that you close the front door of the apartment blocks securely when entering and leaving.
If you see anything suspicious please call gardai at Cabinteely on 01 6665400 or in an emergency don’t hesitate to call 999 / 112.
If you see a person you don’t recognise loitering in the area call the Gardaí.
If you notice a car parked in the estate that shouldn’t be here, call the Gardaí.
For more information on how to secure your home visit: https://www.garda.ie/en/Crime-Prevention/Securing-your-home/
We have Neighbourhood Watch window stickers, bogus caller cards and property register forms if any residents association members would like any of them please get in touch with the committee and we can put them through your letterbox.
A couple of residents in duplex units have installed lockable handles on their windows. These are available from NorDan and cost approx €25 each. They are relatively easy to to fit.
If you are interested in purchasing the handles (Tokyo Lockable Handle) contact Veronica Clare at NorDan 01 4601111 email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above please contact any member of the Residents Association committee or you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 0894691444
Brennanstown Residents Association Committee
If you would like to become a member of the Residents Association, you can find details of how to join here